• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

General Writing task 1, please evaluate my score

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Alexey

Jan 28, 2021
Hello, could you please leave your feedback? Thank you in advance.

You are a student at a language school in New Zealand studying Business English. Part of the course is a summer work placement program. Unfortunately, you have just learned from the school that this program has now been canceled.

Write a letter to School Principal. In your letter:

• state you reason for writing
  • describe the problem and your concerns
  • explain what would you like the Principal to do.

Dear Mr. Colleman,

I am writing this letter to express my deep unsatisfactory with the news concern about the summer work placement program. I have just heard bad news from school that this program was canceled.

One of the reasons why I chose to study a Business English course from June to August in your school is because the summer work placement was included in the program. When I started to seek a Business English course I have found a lot of schools that offer a similar course but no many who offer work in the local company as a part of the course. And despite the fact that your school has a pretty expensive offer I decided to take it because your program was a promise a better quality. But now I am very disappointed that I will not get all of your offers to me.

As a course program is very different than have bought before and I think it will be fair if you could return all my money back.

I look forward to hearing an answer from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Alexey.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Dear Mr. Colleman,

I am writing this letter to express my deep unsatisfactory dissatisfaction with the news concerning about the summer work placement program. I have just heard the bad news from school that this program was canceled.

One of the reasons why I chose to study a Business English course from June to August in your school is was because the summer work placement was included in the program. When I started to seek a Business English course I have found a lot of schools that offer a similar course but not many which offer work in the a local company as a part of the course. And despite the fact that your school has a pretty expensive offer fees, I decided to take it because your program was a promised a better quality. But now I am very disappointed that I will not get all of your offers to me the full program.

As a Since the course program is very different than what was planned have bought before and I think it will would be fair if you could return all of my money back.

I look forward to hearing an answer from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Alexey

Feedback

Good job. If you are asking for money to be returned, usually you request a refund.

So you could say something like, "I would like to request a full refund".

Here are some example letters for asking for a refund: