• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

IELTS TASK 2. Kindly evaluate my task. Thanks

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

irfan334590

Dec 23, 2020
Some countries are spending a lot of money on making bicycle friendly cities. Why is this? Is this the best solution for transport problems?

To reduce traffic jams and burden on roads, a few countries are establishing new cities where citizens can enjoy cycling adjacent to the main roads. In this essay, I will discuss why such facilities are being supported by governments and the importance of building bicycle-friendly municipalities.

If we can minimize the number of vehicles on the roads, it will reduce the hazardous pollutants, for instance, carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide. Many countries, such as China, have built metropolitan cities, for example, Shanghai, and in these cities, roads are divided into two sections, one is for heavy vehicles, while the other for cycling. In this way, the public feels safe and travel to their work offices by riding on bicycles that help reduce traffic jam as well as keep people healthy and fit.

Transportation problems are numerous, and handling is not an easy task; that is why many countries are trying to build model cities. One of the best solutions is cycling as it offers many merits; according to Fudan’s latest research, people who ride bicycles thrice a week likely to have fewer chances of cardiac diseases compared to those who drive cars or travel by public buses. Bicycling also helps to reduce obesity and consider a perfect exercise. Another possible solution is that government should issue a limited number of plates for new vehicles and enforces a law that every citizen is allowed to use his car two days a week; for examples, in Beijing, this law is strictly followed after an incident in 2015 when many people lost their lives in ambulances due to traffic jam and then Beijing officials strict his policy by passing a new law.

1609598859634.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
To reduce traffic jams and the burden on roads, a few countries are establishing new cities where citizens can enjoy cycling adjacent to the main roads. In this essay, I will discuss why such facilities are being supported by governments and the importance of building bicycle-friendly municipalities.

If we can minimize the number of vehicles on the roads, it will reduce the hazardous pollutants, for instance, carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide. Many countries, such as China, have built metropolitan cities, for example, Shanghai, and in these cities, roads are divided into two sections, one is for heavy vehicles, while the other for cycling. In this way, the public feels safe and they can travel to their work offices places by riding on bicycles that help reduce traffic jams as well as keeping people healthy and fit.

Transportation problems are numerous, and handling them is not an easy task; that is why many countries are trying to build model cities. One of the best solutions is cycling as it offers many merits; according to Fudan’s latest research, people who ride bicycles thrice at least three times a week are likely to have fewer chances of cardiac diseases compared to those who drive cars or travel by public buses. Bicycling Cycling also helps to reduce obesity and is considered a perfect exercise. Another possible solution is that governments should issue a limited number of plates for new vehicles and enforces a law that every citizen is allowed to use his car two days a week; for examples, in Beijing, this law is strictly followed after an incident in 2015 when many people lost their lives in ambulances due to traffic jams and then Beijing officials have strictly enforced this policy by passing athis new law.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
I think you would lose points in Task Response, while you answered the first question, I don't think you did enough for the second question.

I would structure the essay like this:

Introduction

Paragraph 1
: Write about why some countries are spending money on making bicycle-friendly cities.

- reduce traffic problems

- help with people's health

Paragraph 2: Answer whether making bicycle friendly cities is the solution for transport problems

- I would write about how bicycles are a good method of transport in small, flat, condensed cities. Amsterdam for example comes to mind. In other cities where everything is spread out, bicycles aren't a practical solution and it would be better investing money in public transport. A city like Los Angeles for example might almost be impossible to make bike-friendly. Talk about some of the disadvantages of bikes like time, distance and very difficult for families.

Conclusion:

Bike-friendly cities are one solution for transport problems and they could work well in some small cities, but in larger cities where everything is spread out over a large distance, you would need to consider other solutions such as public transport, or electric vehicles.