• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

IELTS Writing Task-2

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Israfil Sikder

Feb 22, 2021
If a product is good or it meets people needs, people will buy it. So advertising is unnecessary and no more than entertainment. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In this modern era, advertisements are ubiquitous. Therefore some people opine that a good product will sell even without any advertisements. While this approach can be proved beneficial up to some extent; however, I disagree that advertisements are unnecessary and just a form of entertainment.

There are numerous advantages to advertisements, the first and foremost is that adverts help people save money by informing about real bargains even consumers can easily find out if a merchant support fair tread or not for instance, in this warfare time on every business sector it really hard to find a good product with a specious price although on the advertisements merchants offer the ideal value for the norm products. Secondly, advertisements help people to save valuable time. For example, there is a plethora of thing we need in our everyday life still most of the time we do not find the ideal products. Therefore, we spend our valuable time to find out the products consequently, advertisements help us to find out the product also advertisements help us to learn about this product.

Furthermore, advertisements touch social issues. One clear example of this covid situation when the covid various attacked the whole world but most of the people unconscious even they do not follow the rules so when the advertisements about covid various on our TV and social media people tend to follow the government's rules increased dramatically also more than 85% people wear masks on the public area after that.

To sum up, while advertisements, not just a form of entertainment, other many valuable purposes as well.
please sir evaluate my essay.

Last edited:

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
In this modern era, advertisements are ubiquitous. Therefore some people opine(1) that a good product will sell even without any advertisements. While this approach can be proven beneficial up to some extent, however, I disagree that advertisements are unnecessary and just a form of entertainment.

There are numerous advantages to advertising, the first and foremost is that adverts help people save money by informing people about real bargains even consumers can easily find out if a merchant supports fair trade or not for instance, in this warfare competitive time, in every business sector it is really hard to find a good product with a specious(2) reasonable price although on the advertisements merchants offer the ideal value for the norm usual products. Secondly, advertisements help people to save valuable time. For example, there is a plethora of things we need in our everyday life, still yet most of the time we do not find the most ideal products. Therefore, we spend our valuable time to find out the researching products. Consequently, advertisements help us to find out the right product also advertisements and they help us to learn about the product.

Furthermore, advertisements touch social issues. One clear example of this, is in Covid situation. When the Covid virus various attacked the whole world but most of the people unconscious even they do not follow the rules so when the advertisements about the Covid virus on our TV and social media, people tend to follow the government's rules increased dramatically also more than 85% people wear masks on the public area after that.

To sum up, while advertisements, are not just a form of entertainment, other they offer many other valuable purposes as well.

(1) Personally, I don't like 'opine' used here. I would just say 'believe', 'think', 'have the opinion'. The word seems overly used by IELTS students. Take a look in news articles to see how it is used. It is often used when talking about law, science or the government. Such as. "Scientists opine .." or "The judge opined .."

(2) I am not sure exactly what you want to say here. The meaning of specious is: seeming to be right or true, but really wrong or false.

I think you start to stray from the topic when you talk about Covid. It seems like the government in your country ran advertisements or public service announcements about the dangers of Covid and the precautions to take. The topic was asking about advertisements for products, so you should have talked about companies advertising masks for example.

This would have helped to support your answer that advertising has many benefits.