Sanumi
2likes
14answers
2 people liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Sanumi Please check here: https://preply.com/en/question/what-is-the-past-tense-of-word-wear-54802

The answer is:

Alwina
Alwina
3likes
9answers
3 people liked this question

Megan
Megan
English Tutor
I am a tutor with experience who is excited to teach others English!

Hey Alwina!

To answer your question, the simple past tense of imagine is, 'imagined.' With most English verbs - verbs are words that describe an action like the word imagine - simply put -ed at the end of the word to make it past tense.

Here are some examples for you, Walk - walked Talk - talked

I hope that was helpful. :)

The answer is:

Alwina
Alwina
3likes
6answers
3 people liked this question

name
English Tutor
Tutor

The simple past of imagine is imagined. Imagine is a regular verb and all regular verbs form their simple past by adding Ed at the end.

The answer is:

manman
manman
1likes
6answers
1 person liked this question

Nicci
Nicci
English Tutor
Certified tutor with over 10 years experience.

Hi

It can be a bit confusing. In English, verbs can either be regular or irregular.

Regular verbs end in -ed. An example is walk-walked

Irregular verbs don't work like this and they have their own past form. Like keep-kept, run-ran, wake-woke.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards Nicci

The answer is:

Sanjana Selim
Sanjana Selim
1likes
7answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Sanjana Selim The past form of hurt is hurt. Hurt is an irregular verb It remains the same in the present tense, past tense, and past participle. The present participle is 'hurting.

She was very hurt by his unkind words. He is hurt but still conscious. My back is really hurting me today. He had been hurt badly Most companies have been hurt by the economic slowdown. My horse has hurt his toe so I can't race him. She didn't mean to hurt you.

Best Regards

The answer is:

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Paul I’d rather say: I would have had to be back by…. (3pm, the following Tuesday)

This looks like a type 3 conditional which refers to an impossible condition in the past and its probable result in the past. The situation is truly hypothetical and unreal, because it is now too late for the condition or its result to exist.

Past Perfect conditional or Past perfect continuous conditional If this thing had happened, that thing would have happened.

If it had rained, you would have gotten wet. You would have gotten wet if it had rained.

Best Regards

The answer is:

AMTECH
AMTECH
0likes
5answers
0 people liked this question

Muhammad
Muhammad
English Tutor
🎖TEFL/TESOL certified English professional 👨‍🎓and passionate teacher👨‍💼who is time-oriented⌚, and goal-oriented⚡🗒will develop your all English skills, speaking🗣, reading📖, business English, vocabulary📚, conversational skills, etc to the next level 📈.

He has been married since 2012.

Hi Amtech. Welcome here I have solved it.

He has been married” when used with a modifying phrase refers to a condition that began in the past and is in current force: “He has been married happily for 10 years now”.

About me I am Muhammad. I am a certified English teacher and Linguist and I have sounds good experience in teaching. I teach kids, adults, professionals. •Nice to see you here I have seen your announcement. You need an English teacher to improve your English Language goals. I am so glad and willing to help you to reach your goals. I am an English teacher with a blatant optimistic record of all ages individuals who have reached their goals easily.

Book a class according to your time

https://preply.com/en/tutor/1494864

The answer is:

Piyar
Piyar
1likes
3answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Piyar Please check here: https://preply.com/en/question/has-been-have-been-had-been-41441 Best Regards

The answer is:

DURVA
DURVA
0likes
3answers

Jessica
Jessica
English Tutor
U.S. Native: Certified English Teacher & Artist with 5+ Years of English Teaching Experience

Hi Durva,

The past simple of I am eating is I ate.

Best, Jess

The answer is:

Sauravh
Sauravh
0likes
3answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Sauravh The past tense of raise is raised

Here are some example sentences: They decided to raise money by subscription. Our campaign's main purpose is to raise money. My grandfather used to raise sheep in Wales. It would be foolish to raise hopes unnecessarily.

She raised her eyes from her work. He raised a hand to still the clamor. He raised his arms above his head. Tim raised his hands in a despairing gesture.

Best Regards

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,683 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online