harrypro10
2likes
14answers
2 people liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi
The past participle of fly is flown.

Someone has flown off with my book. A rare bird has just flown by. I've never flown in a plane. Fresh fruits are flown in daily.

Best Regards

The answer is:

Oshadha
Oshadha
0likes
10answers
0 people liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi Oshadha Past participle of invite is invited

We invited him for a cocktail party. I invited them to dinner, a gesture of goodwill.

Best Regards

The answer is:

Sanumi
Sanumi
2likes
14answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Sanumi Please check here: https://preply.com/en/question/what-is-the-past-tense-of-word-wear-54802

The answer is:

Alwina
Alwina
3likes
9answers
3 people liked this question

Megan
Megan
English Tutor
I am a tutor with experience who is excited to teach others English!

Hey Alwina!

To answer your question, the simple past tense of imagine is, 'imagined.' With most English verbs - verbs are words that describe an action like the word imagine - simply put -ed at the end of the word to make it past tense.

Here are some examples for you, Walk - walked Talk - talked

I hope that was helpful. :)

The answer is:

Alwina
Alwina
3likes
6answers
3 people liked this question

name
English Tutor
Tutor

The simple past of imagine is imagined. Imagine is a regular verb and all regular verbs form their simple past by adding Ed at the end.

The answer is:

Ipshita
Ipshita
0likes
6answers

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Ipshita I was lying on my bed I was lying in my bed

Check for more information here: https://preply.com/en/question/laying-in-bed-or-lying-in-bed-41430 Best Regards

The answer is:

Troye Kaizhuo
Troye Kaizhuo
2likes
2answers

How to use "plus" in a sentence

How is "plus" differently used in a sentence when it is a preposition, conjunction and an adjective?...

Nicci
Nicci
English Tutor
Certified tutor with over 10 years experience.

Hi

A conjunction is a word used to connect clauses or sentences. As a conjunction: Let's go home now, it's late, plus I am not feeling well.

An adjective is a word used to modify a noun or a pronoun. As an adjective: A plus factor is that you don't have to go to school if you are sick.

As a preposition: Two plus two is four.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards Nicci

The answer is:

manman
manman
1likes
6answers
1 person liked this question

Nicci
Nicci
English Tutor
Certified tutor with over 10 years experience.

Hi

It can be a bit confusing. In English, verbs can either be regular or irregular.

Regular verbs end in -ed. An example is walk-walked

Irregular verbs don't work like this and they have their own past form. Like keep-kept, run-ran, wake-woke.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards Nicci

The answer is:

Nicole
Nicole
0likes
7answers

Sanela
Sanela
English Tutor
Certified tutor - teaching English for children. 2 years of experience.

Hey, You say: "My parents divorce".

The answer is:

Sanjana Selim
Sanjana Selim
1likes
7answers
1 person liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Sanjana Selim The past form of hurt is hurt. Hurt is an irregular verb It remains the same in the present tense, past tense, and past participle. The present participle is 'hurting.

She was very hurt by his unkind words. He is hurt but still conscious. My back is really hurting me today. He had been hurt badly Most companies have been hurt by the economic slowdown. My horse has hurt his toe so I can't race him. She didn't mean to hurt you.

Best Regards

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,495 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online