• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

task-1 can you please review my answer.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

sabita thapa

Jan 10, 2021
1614419194735.png

The two maps compare the changes in Pentland in the year 1980 and after its development in 2007.

Overall, it can be seen that there was significant changes in the Pentland with construction apartments and houses, addition of some amenities, whereas the grassland had been totally removed.

Sea in the north side was completely replaced by yacht marine and expansion of roads that surrounded the yacht along with parking area in north-west side. Likewise, industrial area and grasses in west side had been replaced by construction of amenities such as swimming pool, shops and multi-storey car park. The bushes in north east side was cleared and developed apartments that touched the roads across yacht marine and added of many meny shops nearby apartments.

Moving to the south-west, grasses were removed and thereby built cinema hall and shop. Furthermore, in the south-east, the grasslands were demolished in order to develop many houses and some shops.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
The two maps compare the changes in Pentland in the year 1980 and after its development in 2007.

Overall, it can be seen that there was were significant changes in the Pentland with the construction of apartments and houses, the addition of some amenities, whereas while the grassland had been totally completely removed.

Sea in the north side was completely replaced by yacht marine(1) and expansion of roads that surrounded the yacht along(2) with parking area in north-west side. Likewise, the industrial area and the grasses area in the west side had been replaced by the construction of amenities such as a swimming pool, shops and multi-storey car park. The bushes in the north east side was were cleared and developed apartments constructed that touched the roads across from the yacht marina and added of many meny shops were built nearby near the apartments.

Moving to the south-west, grasslands were removed and thereby built a cinema, hall and shops and houses were built. Furthermore, in the south-east, the grasslands were demolished(3) in order to develop many more houses and some shops.

Feedback

(1) I wouldn't say the sea has been replaced by the yacht marina. The 'sea' is still there, it is just that a yacht marina has been built.

(2) I would say "A road has been built around the coast", or something like that.

(3) Grasslands basically mean an area covered in grass, so you can't say 'demolished' here. Only buildings get demolished. You can just say the houses were built on the grasslands.

I would have talked about the coast line being developed with a yacht marina, a coastal road, apartments, park and swimming pool being constructed overlooking the marina.