15 questions found on English Tips & Resources

PreplyHomeEnglish

15 questions found with subject English

Best answer from our tutor

Paul
Paul
English Tutor
English teacher for 30+ years

Swam Htet, Dominique is exactly right. As a long-time teacher and now tutor, I have taught Grammar because it helps you communicate. At the same time, I remind students that intent and message are also important. I am sure the Preply tutors have a variety of views. Feel free to ask questions of any of us by using the Contact Tutor link. You might want to register for a (free to you) trial to see what Preply might have to offer you. Best wishes, Paul L.

The answer is:

P
P
0likes
4answers
0 people liked this question

Michelle
Michelle
English Tutor
IELTS Coach🎓| Energetic Conversations🤗 | Job Interviews✔️ - 5 years experience 😎

I would imagine the word they are looking for is "database".

A database provides an easy way to enter or display record.

The answer is:

Carlus475
Carlus475
3likes
10answers
3 people liked this question

Mehran
Mehran
English Tutor
Certified IELTS Teacher and Mentor with 9 years of Teaching experience Ready To Tutor

Hello these are some examples “Martha Speaks” “Word Girl” ... “Doki” ... “Postcards From Buster” ... “Adventure Time” ... “Regular Show” ... “Dexter's Laboratory” ... “Phineas and Ferb”

The answer is:

mmm
mmm
2likes
14answers

What is the best way learning new english words?

There are many ways learning new words? What is the best?

2 people liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi It depends on what works for each person. Here are some ways to do it: Read and note new vocabulary Watch videos Listen to podcasts Use wordlists to look for new words Use flash card systems Best Regards

The answer is:

Intelligence
Intelligence
1likes
4answers

A very important strategic question about the norm of the language

Seems like in English there is no distinct boarder between right and wrong. Even textbooks of major ...

1 person liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Hi There is none official, but the Oxford English Dictionary is the principal historical dictionary of the English language. Please check here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_language_regulators Best Regards

The answer is:

Bex
Bex
0likes
2answers

Which of the following is not grammatical?

(regardless of whether they are meaningful or accurate) The girl the pumpkin. Hugged the girl the ...

Luis
Luis
⭐100+ Reviews⭐ 10 years of Experience & training students for DELE exams. LET'S GO! 💪🏻😎

Hello, Bex.

Grammatically incorrect:

The girl the pumpkin. Hugged the girl the pumpkin. By the girl the pumpkin hugged. Hugged the pumpkin. The girl the pumpkin hugged.

Grammatically correct:

Who hugged the pumpkin? The girl was hugged by the pumpkin. By whom was the pumpkin hugged. The pumpkin was hugged by the girl. Hug the pumpkin

Regards.

The answer is:

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Practice speaking on a regular basis. Find a speaking partner to practice with. Hire a tutor to coach you and practice with. Do regular pronunciation sessions. Built up your vocabulary to improve fluency. The trick is to be persistent and regular. daily if possible. Best Regards

The answer is:

candace
candace
0likes
1answers

i have to idenifify each statement as a correlation or causation explain

Identify each statement as a correlation or causation. Explain your reasoning.The smaller the size o...

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Candace

Does the size of a person’s palm cause / determine the person’s life expectancy? – NOT CAUSATION Does the person’s life expectancy cause / determine the size of a person’s palm? – NOT CAUSATION

Can a correlation exist between the size of a person’s palm and the person’s life expectancy? – POSSIBLE CORRELATION

REASONING What is the definition of causation versus correlation? Correlation implies association, but not causation. Conversely, causation implies association, but not correlation. The Australian Bureau of Statistics provides the definition of correlation: “A statistical measure (expressed as a number) that describes the size and direction of a relationship between two or more variables.” Correlation does not necessarily mean that there is an actual relationship between these two variables.

What is causation? Also known as ‘causality’, the Australian Bureau of Statistics goes on to define causation the following way: “Causation indicates that one event is the result of the occurrence of the other event; i.e., there is a causal relationship between the two events. This is also referred to as cause and effect.” Causation is implying that A and B have a cause-and-effect relationship with one another. You’re saying A causes B. Causation is also known as causality. • Firstly, causation means that two events appear at the same time or one after the other. • And secondly, it means these two variables not only appear together, the existence of one causes the other to manifest.

In statistics, the phrase "correlation does not imply causation" refers to the inability to legitimately deduce a cause-and-effect relationship between two variables solely on the basis of an observed association or correlation between them

For any two correlated events, A and B, their possible relationships include: • A causes B (direct causation); • B causes A (reverse causation); • A and B are both caused by C • A causes B and B causes A (bidirectional or cyclic causation); • There is no connection between A and B; the correlation is a COINCIDENCE. Thus there can be no conclusion made regarding the existence or the direction of a cause-and-effect relationship only from the fact that A and B are correlated. Determining whether there is an actual cause-and-effect relationship requires further investigation, even when the relationship between A and B is statistically significant, a large effect size is observed, or a large part of the variance is explained.

When two things are correlated it doesn’t mean that one causes the other. Two unrelated things can be either bound by causality or correlation. In majority of the cases correlation is due to coincidence. Just because it seems like one factor is influencing the other, doesn’t mean that it actually does. The less the information we have the more we are forced to observe correlations. Consider underlying factors bringing two things together before reaching a conclusion as correlation may just be the first step You may begin to see cause-and-effect relationships where there is only correlation. Try to find a reason why A and B occur at the same time. If A and B tend to be observed at the same time, you’re pointing out a correlation between A and B. You’re not implying A causes B or vice versa. You’re simply saying when A is observed, B is observed. They move together or show up at the same time. Positive correlation is when you observe A increasing and B increases as well. Or if A decreases, B correspondingly decreases.

Check here https://clevertap.com/blog/correlation-vs-causation/

http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

The answer is:

Nasser
Nasser
1likes
6answers
1 person liked this question

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor

Hi Nasser

To best learn English through movies will depend on your level of proficiency, otherwise you will not benefit much but instead you might get frustrated. Here are some movies you can try. Best Regards Movies for up to B1 level Memento (2010) Goodfellas (1990) Joker (2019) Drive (2011) Taken (2008) The Notebook (2004) The Bourne Identity (2002) Toy Story (1995) The Break-up (2006) Forrest Gump (1994)

The answer is:

Mani
Mani
2likes
7answers
2 people liked this question

Maria
Maria
English Tutor
🌟 Master Your English Journey with a TEFL/TESOL Certified Interactive American English Teacher! 🚀 Dive into Dynamic Learning - Join Me Now! 📚✨

I like to practice with my students saying new vocabulary words out loud 7 times each to focus on pronunciation. Repetition will help retain the information.

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,488 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online