1likes
6answers
1 person liked this question

Best answer from our tutor

Michael Ngonidzashe
Michael Ngonidzashe
English Tutor
TEFL certified tutor

Multimedia helps you attach a visual representation to the language you are learning and this helps you with retention of the language because you can visualize it.

The answer is:

Imani
Imani
0likes
2answers
0 people liked this question

Ali Mustafa
Ali Mustafa
English Tutor
TEFL & TESOL certified bilingual teacher with 18 years of experience

“The Hate U Give” provides a powerful image for many current issues. It touches on themes of police brutality and being a minority, and especially on being a woman of color. The film gives a brutally honest portrayal of how police brutality affects communities of color.

The answer is:

Kohenur
Kohenur
0likes
1answers

Bca 1 year questions

(a).What does URL stand for? Explain a typical structure of URL. (b). What is networking?

Sergio
Sergio
English Tutor
A2/B1: Grammar practice + Speaking practice

1. URL is a link which connects a user to a site. In narrower terms. URL means a replacement for the numbers which are needed to connect to domain name.

2. Networking means connecting computers into a net, for exchanging signals.

PS you asked in the English section, so you have English tutors here. In case you wanted to ask about Math, post in Math. Have a good time here.

The answer is:

name
0likes
10answers

Movies to learn english

Hi everyone! I started to learn English a few months ago. Do you know any good movies to learn Engli...

Joe
Joe
English Tutor
American English professor, with experience in all English Lessons.

Toy Story ( Animated film, you can watch any Disney or Pixar film and this is one of the easiest ways and it is fun for the whole family). Forrest Gump (slow dialog and historical in a sense), The Social Network (learn up to date terms for social media), A beautiful mind. I would also recommend watching with subtitles in English as well. This well help you understand how things are said and in what context.

The answer is:

Kaitlin
Kaitlin
0likes
9answers

English movies with subtitiles

Hi! I just started to learn English. Really interested in watching english movies with subtitles - t...

Michael
Michael
English Tutor
English / German Native Teacher

Good afternoon Kaitlin,

I would recommend you not to watch movies with subtitles. It is like reading a book, but you do not focus on listening and understanding which in a usual conversation will be more important than reading skills. Watch English movies without subtitles, if you don´t understand some words or some parts, repeat as often as necessary until you fully understood. Use subtitles only in case it is impossible to understand at all.

Most subtitles do not fit to the spoken words, because they speak more in a sequence of time than they can write or you can read.

And the next point, which is more important, you should train your listening comprehension. If you speak with people, join a supermarket, book a ticket, there are mostly no subtitles. You need to understand the spoken word and this is possible by watching movies, but without subtitles.

Kind regards, Michael

The answer is:

Mikaela
Mikaela
0likes
11answers

Cartoons to learn english

Hi guys! Can you suggest any cartoons to learn English for kids? I would appreciate your variants be...

Joe
Joe
English Tutor
American English professor, with experience in all English Lessons.

Thomas the train, also Sesame Street ( this is more a muppet or puppet show, but it is very educational and fun for children).

The answer is:

Still looking for help?

Try an expert online tutor. 1-on-1 lessons for every budget.

Tutor avatar
Tutor Avatar
Tutor country flag
English
$
per hour
15,623 lessons
Speaks:EnglishNative+5
Advanced TESOL Instructor with 12 years Teaching Experience, Midwestern American Accent and Pronunciation + Certified English / Spanish Medical Interpreter My over 150 reviews speak for themselves, but if you really want to take your English to the next level and are serious about cutting back on mistakes, and improving naturalness and efficiency, I am your guy! How will I help you? By Energizing Your English! My TESOL Certification Specializing in ...
$
per hour
Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

Community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online