• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Writing Task 1 - Write a Letter for a job to live with a family for 6 months and take care of their 6 YO kid.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

Zaq

Dec 24, 2020
1612693172935.png

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hope this letter finds you in radiant health and best of your spirits.

I am writing this letter to you regarding the advertisement I saw in an Australian magazine for a caretaker job who should spend six months with your family and take care of your six-year-old kid.

I am interested in this job and would like to apply for the same.

I consider myself suitable for this job as I have six years of working experience of a kindergarten. During my tenure, I was awarded “Best Teacher” award for four consecutive years.

In addition, I also have work experience of 4 years as a caretaker for toddlers and children under age group of 10.

In my free time, I can also help you and your family with the common household work like doing dishes, washing clothes, gardening and grocery shopping etc. as I find it boring sitting idle and like to keep myself busy always.

I have appended my experience certificates and resume herewith for your kind perusal.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Zaq

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Dear Sir or Madam,

I hope this letter finds you in radiant health and in best of your spirits.

I am writing this letter to you regarding the advertisement I saw in an Australian magazine for a caretaker job who should spend six months with your family and take care of your six-year-old kid.

I would like to apply for the nanny position which I saw advertised in an Australian magazine.

I am interested in this job and would like to apply for the same.

I consider myself suitable for this job as I have six years of working experience of in a kindergarten. During my tenure, I was awarded won the “Best Teacher” award for four consecutive years.

In addition, I also have work experience of 4 years as a caretaker teacher for toddlers and children under age group of 10.

In my free time, I can also help you and your family with the common household work like doing dishes, washing clothes, gardening and grocery shopping etc. as I find it boring sitting idle and I always like to keep myself busy always.

I have appended attached my experience certificates and resume herewith for your kind perusal.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Zaq

nanny would be the best word to use here. Caretaker is more someone who does cleaning/maintenance of buildings and would not involve any work with kids.

I don't think you answered why you want to do this job. Maybe explain something like you love kids, or you are traveling around Australia or studying English and it would be a great opportunity to learn about the Australian way of life.

You didn't talk about point 3.

I would do some background reading on how to write a cover letter to apply for a job.

Obviously not all of these things need to be included in an IELTS task, but the main part of the letter should give you an idea how to write this kind of letter.

Zaq

Dec 24, 2020
@englishgeek Whats the male word for Nanny ....I don't know the male word which is why I used caretaker. Is it possible for a man to take care of children

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
One definition for nanny doesn't mention gender: a person whose job is to take care of a particular family's children.

You could use "carer", which is probably what I would use.