• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Writing task -2 Can you please review my essay and provide me valuable feedback?

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

sabita thapa

Jan 10, 2021
In many countries today, crime novels and crime drama are becoming more and more popular.
Why do you think these books and TV shows are popular?
What is your opinion of crime fiction and TV crime dramas?

In many nations, crime related books and TV shows are becoming increasingly popular these days. This essay will first suggest that the reason behind increasing popularity of thriller contents is because they are full of mystery and I believe that this can have positive impacts in our society as it educates people about the consequences of offensive activities.

The main reason why crime fiction and crime shows are gaining popularity is because they are full of suspense and so interesting to watch. That is to say that once individuals start to watch or read series and novels, they can not stop themselves watching until the end. This is because producers/writers created those contents so carefully that none of audiences can distract from watching those shows till the climax. For example, a survey conducted by The Sunday Times revealed that dramas associated with crime had the highest numbers of viewers than any others because audiences found they are so intriguing.

In my opinion, crime shows, and books help to create awareness among men and women about the serious consequences of their criminal actions. This means that those crime programs include educational content at the end such as although criminal commit crimes using various strategies, at last, they have been caught by police and throw them in jail or rejected by their families and community. Therefore, these shows might be a valuable lesson for people, and they think many times before doing anything wrong. For instance, Crime Petrol, a popular Indian TV show shows various criminal activities but at the end they give valuable education to stop crime in communities.

In conclusion, I feel that people love to watch crime dramas and noble because they are exciting and full of eagerness to watch until the last and they create positive impact in societies as they educate people about serious effects if they involve in any sorts of criminal activities.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
In many nations, crime related books and TV shows are becoming increasingly popular these days. This essay will first suggest that the reason behind the increasing popularity of thriller contents is because they are full of mystery and I believe that this can have a positive impacts in our society as it educates people about the consequences of offensive activities.

The main reason why crime fiction and crime shows are gaining popularity is because they are full of suspense and are so interesting to watch. That is to say that once individuals start to watch or read series and novels, they cannot stop themselves watching them until the end. This is because producers and writers created those contents so carefully that none of the audiences can distract from watching those shows till the climax. For example, a survey conducted by The Sunday Times revealed that dramas associated with crime had the highest numbers of viewers than any others because audiences found they are so intriguing.

In my opinion, crime shows, and books help to create awareness among men and women about the serious consequences of their criminal actions. This means that those crime programs include educational content at the end such as although criminals commit crimes using various strategies, at last, they have been caught by police and thrown them in jail or rejected by their families and community. Therefore, these shows might be a valuable lesson for people, and they might think many times before doing anything wrong. For instance, Crime Petrol, a popular Indian TV show shows various criminal activities but at the end they give valuable education to stop crime in communities.

In conclusion, I feel that people love to watch crime dramas and noble because they are exciting and full of eagerness to watch until the last and they create positive impact in societies as they educate people about serious effects if they are involved in any sorts of criminal activities.

Feedback

Overall a good job I think. You gave a good explanation why crime shows are becoming more popular, because the stories are so 'engrossing'.

You also give a valid reason as to why this is a phenomenon, because it can reduce crime by showing people the consequences of criminal actions.

Some other things you might want to think about on this topic, do TV shows glamorize crime?

Do the TV shows make the criminal look like a hero?

What are the effects of young people watching these shows?

I would score this around 7.5.

This is a good article which has some good reasons why crime shows are popular:

true stories also put us inside the narrative like no other drama can. “It can ask the questions: What would I have been like? How would I have behaved?”

As a writer, it also gives him the chance to explore how humans behave when confronted with unspeakable situations. “It’s not that I’m a morbid or sinister person,” he says. “I just think that those extremes are where you find really fascinating forms of behaviour.”

True crime also allows us to play armchair detective. Many stories raise more questions than they answer, whether it’s who the perpetrator is, if the correct verdict was reached or how the police handled the case. “I think the ones that are the most popular do leave some of that up to your imagination,” says Dr Arroll. “That is what good storytelling does. Because, although these are based on real life cases, they are storytelling. They’re very well edited, and very well put together.”

Last edited: