• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Writing task 2:Nowadays, people are able to use the internet to do an increasing number of tasks.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

jedah

Dec 28, 2020
Nowadays, people are able to use the internet to do an increasing number of tasks.
Is this a positive or negative development?

Nowadays, people are able to utilize the internet to accomplish a great number of their tasks because contemporary internet renders services that could not have been imagined before. In my opinion, this is a largely positive development and should be encouraged.

Indeed, nowadays, people are using the internet to do a variety of tasks. Online shopping is one task that has increasingly gained popularity among people. People are able to purchase high quality stuff from a large pool of choices at the click of a button. It has enabled people to avoid wasting time on shopping from malls and shops which is why it has gained popularity among the masses. From my own experience, I find online shopping very convenient in comparison to shopping from malls and markets as it saves time and money, as well, since it does not require me to travel to relevant shops to purchase an item. This has positively impacted the lives of many people around the world. Moreover, other tasks like online banking has gained popularity for the same reasons above, since they prevent the hassle and nuisance that accompanies availing banking services from a bank itself. Internet has made these services more convenient and user friendly.

Moreover, internet is available 24/7 and people can utilize its services every hour of the day. For instance, information required about anything is available on the internet and can be attained at the click of a button. Likewise, interaction with people at any corner of the world, including facial interaction, is made possible by the internet at any minute of the day and is one of the most useful services provided by the internet. In my opinion, people using the internet to do these tasks and many other tasks is a positive development and should be encouraged because internet has made such services smoother and more convenient and this is something that should be welcomed in today's fast paced world.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that the services provided by the internet are rightfully being utilized by people to accomplish their tasks conveniently and should be encouraged even further as it has positively impacted the lives of many.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
Nowadays, people are able to utilize the internet to accomplish a great number of their tasks because contemporary (1) internet renders services that could not have been imagined before. In my opinion, this is a largely positive development and should be encouraged.

Indeed, nowadays, people are using the internet to do a variety of tasks. Online shopping is one task that has increasingly gained popularity among people.(2) People are able to purchase high-quality stuff from a large pool of choices at the click of a button. It has enabled people to avoid wasting time on shopping from malls and shops which is why it has gained popularity among the masses. From my own experience, I find online shopping very convenient in comparison to shopping from malls and markets as it saves time and money, as well, since it does not require me to travel to relevant shops to purchase an item. This has positively impacted the lives of many people around the world. Moreover, other tasks like online banking has have gained popularity for the same reasons above, since they prevent the hassle and nuisance that accompanies availing banking services from a bank itself. The Internet has made these services more convenient and user-friendly.

Moreover, the internet is available 24/7 and people can utilize its services every hour of the day. For instance, information required about anything is available on the internet and can be attained at the click of a button. Likewise, interaction with people at any corner of the world, including facial interaction, is made possible by the internet at any minute of the day and is one of the most useful services provided by the internet. In my opinion, people using the internet to do these tasks and many other tasks is a positive development and should be encouraged because the internet has made such services smoother and more convenient and this is something that should be welcomed in today's fast paced world.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that the services provided by the internet are rightfully being utilized by people to accomplish their tasks conveniently and should be encouraged even further as it has positively impacted the lives of many.

Feedback

(1) I have never heard of internet being described as 'contemporary'. High speed, broadband or fiber internet would be better.

(2) I think you have a tendency to overuse 'people'. It is redundant here, since it is obvious who you are talking about.