PreplyHomeEnglishAudio books to learn english
Britney
Britney

Audio books to learn english

Hi all! I've been learning English for two and half years. I prefer listening to books rather then reading) Can you suggest any audio books to learn english? Or maybe you can tell which books is your favourite?) Thanks for your answers in advance!

0 people liked this question

5 Answers

5 from verified tutors
Oldest first

Vitor
Vitor
English Tutor
Certified Language Teacher by TESL Canada (Teaching as a Second Language)

Hi Britney!

There are lots and lots of free audio books on YouTube. Use the search engine and start listening right now :)

Regards, Vitor Rabbit

The answer is:

Placement test

Find out your English level.

Take this 5-min test to see how close you are to achieving your language learning goals.

Ksenia
Ksenia
English Tutor
Basic English and Russian Tutor

Hi.

Books of poetry are good. Emily Dickinson is an author I like, as well as Edgar Allen Poe. I also love classic Greek Mythology. The best is to find a compilation of many authors, such as a textbook on poetry or English Literature.

Hope you enjoy. :)

The answer is:

name
English Tutor
Tutor

Samples of Audio books to learn English

1. “Oh the Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss, read by John Lithgow

2. “Because of Winn-Dixie” by Kate DiCamillo, read by Cherry Jones

3. “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde, read by various

etc.

The answer is:

Leonah
Leonah
English Tutor
Experience - IELTS, OET, CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, C2, PTE, SAT, DIGITAL SAT, TOEIC, APTIS, GMAT, DUOLINGO. BUSINESS + TRAVEL ENGLISH, from BEGINNER

Here are some important points to consider when choosing language learning self-study materials Choose the right materials relevant to you Choose the right materials to fit your current level Choose the right materials to fit how you learn best

You could choose a textbook or two and an audio course Resources can be text-based, audio-based or both Resources should include short grammar notes with a focus on communication, especially conversation

FOR ENGLISH

Resources for BEGINNERS Cutting Edge: Elementary – With Audio

Resources for INTERMEDIATE English Unlimited: Intermediate Coursebook – With Audio

Resources for ADVANCED High-Level Everyday English – With Audio

If possible, try them out to see if they are suitable for you before purchasing

The answer is:

Lisa
Lisa
English Tutor
English -Bachelors Degree-TEFL-Community Tutor with extensive online teaching experience

Hi,

“Because of Winn-Dixie” by Kate DiCamillo, read by Cherry Jones

Resources for BEGINNERS Cutting Edge: Elementary – With Audio

The answer is:

Still need help?

Find an online tutor for 1-on-1 lessons and master the knowledge you need! Prices from just $5 per hour.

Explore tutors

Feeling stuck?

Ask our expert tutors a question (it's free!)

English community experts

Click on a tutor to learn more about them

This-week

Learning Resources

Learn English Online