Writing task 2: Some claim that studying abroad has great benefits for a student’s home country.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

jedah

Dec 28, 2020
Some claim that studying abroad has great benefits for a student’s home country.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that students who study abroad bring about great benefits for their home countries. I agree with this notion and, in my opinion, developing countries, in particular, benefit a lot after the return of students from foreign universities.

Nowadays, many students, from developing countries, in particular, prefer to study abroad since their home countries lack the infrastructure and teaching expertise that is available in developed foreign countries. These students study at well renowned universities and gain knowledge and expertise in their respective fields. After returning back to their home countries, they serve in their field of work utilizing the knowledge gained abroad to excel in their fields, in the end, contributing positively to the overall economy of their country. Moreover, a foreign qualified graduate can introduce a new field of work altogether. For instance, a doctor, who is qualified from a foreign university and he specializes in a field that has never been introduced in their home country, can introduce this new specialty of medicine and train other doctors as well, consequently, positively impacting the lives of their fellow ailing countrymen.

Furthermore, studying abroad exposes individuals to foreign ways of living and students can adopt the positive aspects of these ways of living and can propagate them in their home countries as well. Moreover, living abroad is a great way to understand the shortcomings of one's own society and cultural practices. For instance, students studying in japan can be positively influenced by their cleanliness and politeness and upon returning home share their experiences and persuade people to live in a similar manner. In addition to this, a good number of students studying abroad can lessen the burden on the minimum number of university seats available in a country paving a way for others to attain higher education. Governments that sponsor scholarships for students to study abroad do so keeping these advantages in mind for their country.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that students who study abroad ultimately benefit their home countries by making use of the knowledge and skill obtained abroad and are pivotal in the development of their country.

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
"a lot" can be a little informal. My English in high school said we should never use it!

Some alternatives you can use include:

• a great deal of
  • a large number
  • many
  • numerous
  • thousands
Japan - should be capitalized

Otherwise, great job and a well structured and argued essay!

Reactions: jedah