[Writing task 2] Some feel governments should invest in preserving minority languages, while others feel this is not a good use of resources

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

nhatamtuyet

Jun 3, 2021
Some feel governments should invest in preserving minority languages, while others feel this is not a good use of resources. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It is obvious that native languages have disappeared in recent years. There is a widely held belief that government would be prioritize for maintaining the various minority mother tongue, but some people are against it. This essay will discuss both aspects by my opinion.

To begin with, the major reason why some people tend to government should invest in preserving minority language is that it is related to cultural value. A language uniquely represents a tradition of the nation. Consequently, it leads to the spread of national identity in entire the world. To exemplify, Vietnamese’s authority has encouraged ethnic minorities maintain their mother tongues. This creates the unique feature for those ethnic. As the world is becoming globalized, there is a growing recognition of the importance of the unique in culture, which is presented by language. These minority languages contribute to inspire the culture and tradition for most people to broaden their horizons.

Nonetheless, minority languages can be a barrier for people to approach the majority in the world. In fact, many indigenous people desire to leave their hometowns to live in large cities and join the modern workforce. However, they find it difficult for them due to their minority languages are not popular. Generally, a nation’s most widely spoken language is required in modern life. It brings the convenience and positive effects in many aspects.

In conclusion, while I accept that saving minority languages is a potential challenge to widespread cultures, I believe that the importance in learning widely language can help people easily approach the globalization

englishgeek

Sep 23, 2020
It is obvious that native languages have disappeared in recent years.(1) There is a widely held belief that government s prioritize for maintaining the various minority mother tongue, but some people are against it. There is a widely held belief that governments should promote the use of minority languages, but some people are against it. This essay will discuss both aspects viewpoints and I will give by my opinion.

To begin with, the major reason why some people tend to believe governments should invest in preserving minority languages is that it is related to cultural value. A language uniquely represents a tradition of the nation's traditions. Consequently, it leads to the spread of national identity in entire the world.(2) To exemplify, Vietnam's government authority has encouraged ethnic minorities to maintain their mother tongues. This creates the unique feature for those ethnicities. As the world is becoming globalized, there is a growing recognition of the importance of the unique in cultures, with language playing a large part in maintaining the culture. which is presented by language. These minority languages contribute to inspire the culture and traditions for most people to broaden their horizons.

Nonetheless, minority languages can be a barrier for people to approach the majority live in the wider in world. In fact, many indigenous people desire to leave their hometowns to live in large cities and join the modern workforce. However, they find it difficult for them due to their minority languages being not widely spoken are not popular. Generally, a nation’s most widely spoken language is required in modern life. It brings the convenience and positive effects in many aspects.

In conclusion, while I accept that saving minority languages is a potential challenge to widespread cultures, I believe that the importance in learning a widely used language that can help people easily approach the globalization.

Feedback

(1) I would say minority or indigenous languages have declined in recent years. I don't think you can say 'native languages' have disappeared. English is my native language for example and its use has only increased.

(2) I don't understand what you mean.