• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Writing task 2: Some say that TV advertisements are helpful for viewers.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

jedah

Dec 28, 2020
Question:
Some people say that TV advertisements are helpful for viewers, while others disagree. What is your opinion?

Answer:
Some people believe that advertisements are useful for viewers while others believe otherwise. In my opinion, advertisements positively impact the choices a person makes while shopping and are, therefore, helpful for the viewers.

TV advertisements have long been used by companies to present their product in a way that appears appealing to the viewers. While some may find them as a mere nuisance, I find them to be helpful because they present a wide range of products to the viewers without having to go out shopping. Moreover, they also foster competition between companies which in the end benefit the customers as prices of the products are lowered in order to lure the customers into buying them. In addition to this, TV advertisements expose an individual to the latest products, sales, trends and fashion. For instance, a tv advertisement introduces a new brand of mobile phone which is being sold at a very affordable price. This helps those on a low budget to opt for a mobile phone from the comfort of their homes. Furthermore, it is no secret that TV advertisements are necessary for our favourite shows to be aired on television as the companies sponsor these shows and make it possible to be produced. What's more, some TV commercials are highly entertaining and creative and the viewers love to see such creativity on television.

However, there are those who find TV advertisements as a waste of time and unhelpful for the viewers. They argue that TV advertisements are seldom viewed with interest by the viewers and it only serves as an unwanted interruption to the TV shows being aired. In my opinion, this may be true for some individuals who are not keen on keeping up with the latest products, trends and fashion but the majority still view them favourably. This is evident from the fact that the sales of a specific product advertised on television soar right after the airing of its TV commercial, more so, if the TV commercial ends up being popular.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that, in my opinion, TV advertisements are helpful for the viewers as they benefit the viewers in more ways than one as stated above.