• If you would like to support our site, please subscribe to our Youtube channel. We are aiming to get 1,000 subscribers so it can start earning money English Forum on Youtube

Writing task 2:Watching a live performance such as a play, concert, or sporting event is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television.

Welcome to EnglishForum.com!
Are you ready to improve your English? Sign up free today!

jedah

Dec 28, 2020
Question:
Watching a live performance such as a play, concert, or sporting event is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Answer:
Some people believe that watching a live event such as a concert is more fulfilling than watching the event on television. In my opinion, I strongly agree with this notion because the experience of watching an event live is unmatchable.

Firstly, the atmosphere at a live event, such as a sporting event, is electrifying most of the times, especially if the said event is a final of a sporting tournament. The hustle and bustle of the crowd is a spectacle on its own. This experience can only be thoroughly enjoyed firsthand and not through television. Moreover. watching a live performance, such as a concert, is more enjoyable because fans get a chance to interact with their favourite singers and that is something many people dream of, especially those watching at home on television. Furthermore, the memory of attending a live event is more likely to remain engraved within the mind of the attendee for a long time to come and it is something that they would cherish later on in their lives. For instance, a person who has attended the final of a FIFA world cup will remember it clearly for the rest of his life while a person who has watched it on television may forget it in a few years. From my own experience, I attended a cricket match once in my life while I have watched cricket through television throughout my life but still that one live experience was more enjoyable and worthwhile than any other match that I have watched through television.

In contrast, a person watching an event on television is deprived of the wonderful experience as a whole that is offered at a live event. The individual is unable to truly capture the atmosphere at an event while sitting at home. For instance, the person is only able to catch a glimpse of what is happening on the field and is unable to feel the atmosphere in the stands which is something that is worth experiencing. In addition to this, the quality of the broadcast directly impacts the experience of a person watching an event on television. For example, a person who watches a match on a low resolution screen will be unable to enjoy the event to the fullest.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that watching a live performance is far more enjoyable than watching the same event on television because of the experience as a whole that one enjoys at a live event which is something to behold and is unimaginable while sitting in front of a TV.